Lord of the Rings Online

Discuss recent news here

Moderator: Bevan

Bevan
Grandmaster Starfarmer

Lord of the Rings Online

Post by Bevan »

No real surprise as Turbine seem to have formed a bit of a partnership with Codemasters lately. I haven't looked into it yet, but it likely means the continuation of regionalised accounts, so Euro clients won't be able to connect to US servers etc. As much as that annoys me, one thing in Turbine/Codemasters favour though is that there are no attempts to stop Euro players purchasing a copy of the US client and registering an account - a compromise at least :)

'Turbine Inc. have signed Codemasters Online Gaming to be the European publishers, distributors and service providers for The Lord of the Rings Online™: Shadows of Angmar™; (LOTRO) the first and only massively multiplayer online role playing game (MMORPG) based on the literary works of J.R.R. Tolkien.'

Official Euro website linked below, though no real info there yet.
http://www.lotro-europe.com/

The Hawk Family
Grandmaster Starfarmer

Post by The Hawk Family »

Yeah got a mail about this too, but haven't checked it out yet

Mafti
Motor Mouth

Post by Mafti »

i wonder if it'll work.

lotr is a pretty closed world and adding stuff will only be dull?
Imagination is more important than knowledge... - A.E.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. - G.M.

Kibs
Seer

Post by Kibs »

Still, there was a huge Middle earth following especially from the PnP side of it who were genuinely mortified when the game was cancelled last year. Lets hope that they remain fairly true to system as they have with D&D online. we can but wait and see..... Hopefully they will be Beta testing when I get back from Iraq at the end of the year :ramboface: :birdman: [-o<