Orc appeal to Wulf members playing SWG

Youch

Post by Youch »

Hello folks,

A few of you old-timers might remember me from DaoC. I played as Youch (weaponsmith/Paladin) with the Order of the Rose-Croix (Orc) on Kay but retired a year or so back and am currently playing SWG.

Hopefully our two guilds might meet up again in WoW, which looks set to be our next big venture as a fellow Euro guild, but in the meantime this post is an appeal for help from Orc members on the Radiant server - many of whom you will have played alongside in DaoC, though probably under different names.

I don't know what sort of presence Clan Wulf has in SWG, but I understand you play on a server other than Radiant, and this is where we might be able to help each other out.

Earlier this week we launched a player city called Orc Town one minute west of Bestine on Tatooine on Radiant. After a big effort we've placed the city hall deed and 18 homes, but hope to expand beyond this size to get the maximum possible benefit.

We're now appealing to Clan Wulf's SWG players to help us achieve this aim, and in return we will endeavour to return the favour on your server - perhaps with a similar citizen swop if you have a player town or the lending of 'lots' for harvester/structure placing.

If anyone is interested in helping, we're asking Wulf members to create an "alt" character on Radiant (starting in Bestine) and place a home within the 150m radius of our City Hall.

Obviously, this requires capital and naturally we will cover all expenses, plus set your alt character up with starting money if you want to perhaps try out a new template or skills on a different server.

If you can spare a few moments to make an alt on Radiant, please use the in-game e-mail to pass your new character's name to "Skarra" (my character) and - most importantly - mention Clan Wulf in the message.

When I receive the message, I will /tip your character 100000 credits and pass on a waypoint for my store in the city, where I stock a lot of small Tatooine houses.

Simply buy a small house, place it within the 150m radius of our hall and declare it as your main residence. Please use 20,000 of the money covering the home's maintenance and add "Skarra" to the admin so we can continue to maintain it in your absence.

Then pop into the city hall and cast a vote for our Mayor, Dem. The remaining money is then yours to do with as you wish. If you have no plans to play the alt character, please /tip the money back to Skarra.

I appreciate this is a very busy time of year - speaking of which, festive greetings from all at the Order of the Rose-Croix! - but we'd be very grateful for any help you could provide. Every single house and vote will help us immensely.

My thanks in advance

Skarra, Deputy SWG Guild Leader, Order of the Rose-Croix

(Youch, Order of the Rose-Croix)

Padeu
Scribe

Post by Padeu »

Hoi Youch,

I do not have no char in SWG anymore.
(still busy in DaoC :D ) but I can ask my GF if she wants to create a char on Radiant this evening.

Merry X-Mas
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; In practice, there is

Tara Windsong
WulfLady

Post by Tara Windsong »

Greetings Youch!

Merry Xmas first of all and I hope that you and the other ORCs are doing fine!

Yes, Clan Wulf is firmly established on Starsider, also on Tatooine. When the first round of city building came a few weeks ago we managed to be among the first 10 to place a city hall and now we live in the fair city of Mos Wulf, 2 km northeast of Mos Entha. We are now a level 4 city with currently 76 citizens (no, not all Wulfies, 2 other guilds also settled here) and still growing :)

It will be pleasure for me to create an alt on Radiant and help you out to get your city growing and I am sure many Wulfs will do so too! Btw, if you are ever curious how we are doing create an alt on Starsider in Mos Entha and send Jezamyn (she is mayor of Mos Wulf and online mostly) or Zyrcis or Grimwart a tell and we will get you to our city.

Safe travels and see you soon!

Tara-Lyn Wulf
Guildmistress of Clan Wulf on Starsider, formerly Albion/Kay

OOM - does NOT mean Out Of Mobs ...

Your mind is like a parachute ... it only works if it's open.

ESO - Elder Scrolls Online - EU server

Sirian Wulfthorn - Dragonknight tank
Rhuadh gro-Tar - Necromancer DD
Tanari Finvarra - Warden DD
and as usual a lot more ;)

JD
Motor Mouth

Post by JD »

Hi Youch,
You might remember me as either Zyrcis or Srikrit on Kay.
I dont think Mos Wulf needs any more citizens (only real ones :P). But I dont mind helping your ORCs out on Radiant. I got 2 accounts and will have them both set up a home in your town (I will need zoning rights I think). Will do this next weekend probably.

And if any ORCs need a hand on Kay server lemme know.

P.S.
Keep in mind that this forum is public, so build in a check to see if someone is really of Clan Wulf. I can pass you a few questions that will allow you to do this.

@Tara: just 1 alt ? ;)
If brute force doesnt solve your problems, you are not using enough of it.

Brax
Grandmaster Starfarmer

Post by Brax »

I'll be happy to put a house down for you Youch!

Tell the ORCs hi and Merry Christmas B)

Mimer
Clan Elder

Post by Mimer »

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Youch and all other ORC's!

I can move in with 3 characters, Mimer d'Pilgrim and 2 more not named yet.
Perhaps I should make 2 rodian entertainers if you lack those in your cantina B)
Size doesn't matter! Effort and Fun does!

Elder Scrolls Online
Active CW Presence!

EMAIL: [email protected]

Youch

Post by Youch »

Hi folks,

Many, many thanks for your help so far. Due to your help we're now up to 20+ members and achieved "village" status in time for the pre-Xmas election.

(An especially big thanks to CW's "Flaash" who hopped online to become the 20th citizen) :D

As mentioned, any Clan Wulf settlers would be still very welcome as our target has now risen to 35 - not least so our mayor 'Dem' can get a little experience under his belt each week. So far he's filled one skill box and hopefully by New Year we'll have a bank placed - a humble start but we're getting there slowly! ;)

Because logging on at mutually convenient times is never easy, please feel free to hop on with your Radiant alts at a time that suits you and just drop me (Skarra) a quick in-game email mentioning this appeal.

Whether you're online or not, I'll tip you 100000cr to buy a small home from my store and send you the waypoints for the vendor and also the city hall itself.

That way you can place the deed (within 200m of the hall) at your leisure when you get a quiet moment. Please just add 20k to the maintenance of the home and that's pretty much all you need to do - the leftover change is a thank-you gift in case you fancy playing the alt with a little pocket money in the future :)

And, of course, please shout out if we can return this big favour in any way (ie. the use of spare alt 'lots' etc etc)

Glad to hear you're city is doing so well - I'll definitely be popping online to check it out. Hope you all had great Christmases and looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Skarra/Youch

Order of the Rose-Croix

Youch

Post by Youch »

Oh, and thanks for the tip JD. I knew there would be a slight risk with this appeal being in a public forum, but am happy to live with that if we get a few more folk placing homes.

I guess if I suddenly get 300 CW 'members' offering their services via email all of a sudden, then we can step up the vetting :)

PS. City zoning rights are "open" at the moment to make our growth as simple and straightforward as possible. Again, it's not ideal but we'll be reviewing the situation (and tidying up the town) if and when we hit the 35 citizen target.

/bows

Youch/Skarra

JD
Motor Mouth

Post by JD »

I will be placing 2 chars. Kinda was wondering if any ORC can place a few small houses for me on starsider. Dont need to extra people, but I need to extra storage :)

Do need to be certain I get a timely warning if the account is gonna end, or the char deleted :/

Any suggestions how this is best done ?

Youch

Post by Youch »

Hi JD,

Have created a character on Starsider called "Youch" - things went a bit pear-shaped creating a "Skarra", so while the name exists pls don't send any mail to the latter! If you can think of an easy way to pass on house deeds, pls mail me in-game, else I'll hop on from time to time and keep an eye out for either of your toons. I've also /tipped your two new alts on Radiant and passed on an in-game email with the info you'll need.

The character "Youch" has been created on an account which will be active for at least 4 months, so hopefully the risk of properties/items vanishing should not be a problem for a long while to come.

As to how long structures last once an account closes? Well, that's the $64,000 question! I have a number of ancient harvesters (7-rated heavies!) plus a storeroom and a factory all held in former players' names and have yet to have anything disappear on me. I read somewhere recently that ex-players' items/streuctures are kept for at least three months, but have never seen official confirmation. Nor have I heard of anything being lost in this fashion.

While I'm here, a very big thank you once again to everyone who's lent their assistance so far - we're still a couple of folk short of the elusive 35 citizens (even with JD's help) and the election is two days away, so if you do still have a moment to help out... ;)

Youch/Skarra

Order of the Rose-Croix

JD
Motor Mouth

Post by JD »

you at 32 citizens now

Grimwart
Motor Mouth

Post by Grimwart »

I've got two characters on Radiant now - I've sent Skarra a mail from one with names of both :)
World Of Warcraft - Runetotem(EU)
Grimwart - Orc Warrior, Armoursmith and Master Angler
Grim - Undead Rogue
Grimfire - Troll Mage
Grimfix - Troll Priest

Youch

Post by Youch »

New Year's greetings from the Rose-Croix :)

Just a quick post to say a very big thank-you for helping out - we made Rank 3 on New Year's Even, which was our target, and have now surpassed that by some way.

So much so, in fact, that achieving Rank 4 isn't totally out of the question, though that's probably wishful thinking given the server cap and our late start in placing a city hall.

There are currently 3 Clan Wulf alts who've been in touch but have yet to place homes, so this is just a little update to say I've added 8 more small homes to the vendor and have tipped and emailed each of the characters in question. Even if we don't make 55 citizens, the homes would still be greatly appreciated just for the extra mayoral experience early on

After achieving Rank 3 and having our bounderies expand by 100m, we've now "brought down the shutters" to stop rogue harvester placing and to start re-shaping the town and getting it a bit more organised. I'll email the alts a list of the militia members we intend to appoint, and hopefully soon after New Year someone will be online who can grant you placing rights if you happen to hop online.

Take care and cya soon,

Youch/Skarra