WoW Euro retail - Server selection and guild information

vold
Initiate

WoW Euro retail - Server selection and guild information

Post by vold »

Cross-posted from the Order of the Rose-Croix forums...

link direct to that post

---------------------------------------------------------------

Attempting to anticipate Friday's mad rush for WoW Euro retail account creation and server selection, here's a summary of what to do to get going...

-- Server Selection --

The server type to select = Normal (non-pvp) and English

G is the magic letter!

Looking at the server list, find the first normal-(non-pvp)-english server name starting with the letter G.

If there is no letter G then proceed to letter H and then-on through the alphabet until a correct server type (of normal (non-pvp) english) is found.

Join that server!

-- Initial Guild Chat Channel --

Until the guild is created in-game, we can use a temporary chat channel like so:

In-game, type the follow command at the chat window:
/chan rosecroix orcs

The /chan command joins or creates a chat channel named 'rosecroix'. If you are the first person in-game to access this channel you will be the channel moderator. The 2nd parameter is a password. Please don't forget it. We only want guildies or friends of guildies to chat in this channel.

When you log out of the game and log back in, you will automatically re-join this chat channel so you won't need to keep typing this command.

When a chat channel is joined it is assigned a channel number. You will need to use this number to send messages to that chat channel. For example, if the channel is number 5, just type in
/5

To see the chat channels currently joined, type in
/chatlist

Edit for Wulfies: Feel free to use the ORC temporary channel :lol:

-- Guild Creation --

To create a guild we just need one person (the designated guild leader) to purchase a Guild Charter (costing 10 silver) and for them to get 9 other people to sign the charter. Then the charter is handed back in to create a guild.

That's as far as I know on the guild creation process. Having not done it myself I don't know if there is a further hand-in fee for the charter (but I doubt it).

With the guild established the guild leader can register a tabbard design, but that's something for the future as that costs 10 gold. When that is done tabbards can be bought, costing 1 gold each I believe.

Thoughts, suggestions, corrections?

I'm assuming the server list will be named servers, like the US retail, so I've not bothered with the server numbering selection idea (7 being the magic number!).

See you all real soon!
Vold.

Tara Windsong
WulfLady

Post by Tara Windsong »

Thx for posting this, Vold! I'm sooooooo looking forward to meeting you guys in Azeroth again :)
OOM - does NOT mean Out Of Mobs ...

Your mind is like a parachute ... it only works if it's open.

ESO - Elder Scrolls Online - EU server

Sirian Wulfthorn - Dragonknight tank
Rhuadh gro-Tar - Necromancer DD
Tanari Finvarra - Warden DD
and as usual a lot more ;)

Grimwart
Motor Mouth

Post by Grimwart »

I posted also on the ORC forum:

The first person to make a toon (using the G-7 rule) MUST make a post both here and on the ORC forum as soon as they do so.

That way we should all know where to go, and even if they add more servers later in the day etc, we should all end up in the same place (as long as everyone reads the forums :P )
World Of Warcraft - Runetotem(EU)
Grimwart - Orc Warrior, Armoursmith and Master Angler
Grim - Undead Rogue
Grimfire - Troll Mage
Grimfix - Troll Priest

wivelrod
Acolyte

Post by wivelrod »

Hi there, Wiv from the Rose-Croix here!

I managed to get online in retail about 12:30 am (GMT) today.

There was no English speaking server beginning with G!!

Nor H, I, J....

In fact the next one was R.

So I picked RUNETOTEM as the server.

Therefore I've told the ORCs to set up on this server. Hope all goes well.