Would love to join you all in retail

Jaer
Scholar

Would love to join you all in retail

Post by Jaer »

Hi all, I played Cailin during the Euro beta with you guys. DeVirr from ORC got me signed up with you all.

I used to be an ORC member but due to personal real life issues, over a year ago, with one of the members I had to leave.

I enjoyed the time I spent with you guys in WoW, the banter on /gu was great, and peoples willingness to help everyone was great.

Anyways......got room for a big gnome smashing Tauren? :redhotevil:
"Scientists claim that hydrogen is the most abundant substance in the universe. They're wrong, stupidity is the most abundant substance in the universe." - Frank Zappa

Tara Windsong
WulfLady

Post by Tara Windsong »

Greetings Cailin/Jaer!

I think I didn't have the pleasure of meeting you in the beta (prolly simply due to my being awol for 2 weeks *sigh*). Our rules (if you can call that as the Wulfies usually are a very relaxed bunch of people) are easy for an interested candidate ;) Get in touch with us in game, get to know as many as possible and if the majority then agrees we will happily initiate you into the guild and onto our private member boards.

I don't want to be nosy or dive into your personal affairs but the mentioning of former problems with another ORC member got us a bit worried. I don't want or need details, I just would like to know if these problems are solved and won't lead to any irritations with the ORCs in WoW. As you will know our ties to the ORCies are strong and very precious to us :) So please don't take any offense, just regard this as a question for the welfare of the guild and our relations to the ORCs :)
A simple "yes, it's settled and done and over" will suffice ;)

From the point of joining our family you are obliged to follow these regulations (as carefully compiled by JD, who, btw, is always to blame for everything):

So, you are new to CW and wanna join us in a new game....

Clan Wulf is a complex international family of gamers. They will claim it is a democracy with only a few to no rules. Which is ofcourse a lie.
Here are a few of the many rules you should know:

- ARSE!
- Thou should play with honor and friendship.
- Be polite to all people you meet in game and keep up the good CW name, unless you are a Manc...
- Help your guild and its members ..to get killed in horrible ways and places by totally overpowered monsters.
- Having your foot pierced by huge nails (preferably rusty ones) at least once in your life is mandatory to join CW (those who havent had the pleasure yet will be fixed next RL meeting)
- A CW hunt to a new area must end in group wipeout, preferable due to cockiness (confident-cocky-dead).
- Tara is always the guildleader and grand inquisitor of the pony cult
- Max is actually the guildleader, but he is not allowed to show up more than 10x per new game, in those appearances he must die honorably at least 25 times (in a death or glory kinda way)
- Grimwart is supposed to say at least once per hunt that he will never lead again, twice when he is leading (and something about sheep)
- Conall has a mandatory loo break every 10 minutes during hunts and pvp
- Nobody is allowed to die more than Dessie
- Hawk must feel lonely and left out at least once a month
- Mimer must play at least 2 healers, more is prefered though
- Bevan is not allowed to show up in game more than once a month after a new MMORPG is released
- Natas Law: Ponies and other creatures that even slightly resemble horses are to be killed on sight (Horses are evil)
- Tara's Law: Natas Law does not apply (if she can see it)
- Inoxi must be forced to organise a major in-game event where no other CW will show up
- Quai may only make cameo appearances in the game most CW's are playing, also he must switch country he is playing from each appearance
- Llew must do something stupid that makes all laugh, at least once a month
- Vyctor must denounce any form of democracy and claim he is King of CW
- Antarion must be busy at all times (if he aint just crash the CW gallery)
- Brax is a vampire and can only be seen online between dusk and dawn
- Osrik is not allowed to leave EQ for another game for more than a week
- Kibs will mention the war... any war, sometimes he even joins them
- Wigo must moan at least once each time he is online. Mentioning Angelina Jolie completely out of context is mandatory
- Padeu must play an AOE char, or at least pretend he is....
- Huts is not allowed to say anything in the right channel
- Joking about Llew's fence is strictly forbidden
- All PC's are to be cooled with a deskfan.
- Only Mafti is allowed to post half the internet on the CW board.
- Its all JD's fault, blame him

These are just a fraction of rules I probably forgot alot of them ! (or I left em out, not to get blamed too much)

(Actually it is a democracy if Tara would get one vote per alt.....)

There you have it :)
OOM - does NOT mean Out Of Mobs ...

Your mind is like a parachute ... it only works if it's open.

ESO - Elder Scrolls Online - EU server

Sirian Wulfthorn - Dragonknight tank
Rhuadh gro-Tar - Necromancer DD
Tanari Finvarra - Warden DD
and as usual a lot more ;)

Jaer
Scholar

Post by Jaer »

Lol :D Great rules.......although I think I might not (ever) be available for the next rl meeting if I get my foot nailed :wink:

I thought I had better be honest about the falling out with the ORC stuff, I could have not mentioned it at all, but that would not be my style, and I was with ORC when the 2 guilds started their alliance in DAoC so I know the history of it all.

The stuff with ORC was with one person particularly due to repeated real life abuse. I have no problem with the individual, I could drink in the same bar, eat in the same restaraunt or be in the same chat channel, its just that I prefer not to if I can help it.

I've still regularly grouped with other members of ORC (in EQ2, COH and WoW) and have never had a problem with anyone else, and they have never told me of any problems, but totally understand why you would want to preserve the excellent relationship you have with them.

Not really sure how to check that it wont/would cause a problem as I cant post on their forums....obviously.

If someone who would like to check with them would like to PM me, then I will happily give my ORC name and a bit of history so that they can check it out. To be honest though, as its a public forum here I dont really want to give out the details in case I do end up accidentally offending someone.

Thanks for the reply, and have fun out there :)
"Scientists claim that hydrogen is the most abundant substance in the universe. They're wrong, stupidity is the most abundant substance in the universe." - Frank Zappa

Mafti
Motor Mouth

Post by Mafti »

one plus u already got, u are as bored as we are :)

u have the game already, or u have to wait till friday???
Imagination is more important than knowledge... - A.E.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. - G.M.

Jaer
Scholar

Post by Jaer »

Heya Mafti :) Nahh, me and Neala (my r/l wife) are waiting (im)patiently for Game to open their doors tomorrow.

I'm ok, I've spent most of my time in World War 2 Online, but she keeps twitching and saying things about gnomes in the walls or something.....its hard to tell, her head keeps twisting round and pea-soup comes out of it. :evil:

Still.....she'll be alright tomorrow I reckon ;)

Grimwart
Motor Mouth

Post by Grimwart »

I'm so on edge I keep falling off :lol:

Good luck at your game store tomorow, did you get a copy booked?
World Of Warcraft - Runetotem(EU)
Grimwart - Orc Warrior, Armoursmith and Master Angler
Grim - Undead Rogue
Grimfire - Troll Mage
Grimfix - Troll Priest

Jaer
Scholar

Post by Jaer »

Yep, 2 copies pre-booked. Tomorrows working day will be possibly the longest in my life lol :cry:

You still looking at enchanting Grimwart? I tried it at the end of Beta and have a nice system set up with Neala now.

She is Tailor/Skinner and I am Enchanter/Miner

Should mean I can progress rapidly through Enchanter by using her cheap to produce "green" cloth armour and I should also be able to mine my way to riches to support her tailoring.

Didnt quite get to making "glowy" weapons, but I wasnt far off :)

Grimwart
Motor Mouth

Post by Grimwart »

Ya, work sucks :)

We've nominated Jasmijn as a guild enchanter, so she'll be getting donations from everyone to advance enchanting, and in return she makes everyone enchantments with the bits she gets from what they send.

If you really want to still do enchanting yourself then that's fine, but the option to join in the guild system is there if you prefer.
World Of Warcraft - Runetotem(EU)
Grimwart - Orc Warrior, Armoursmith and Master Angler
Grim - Undead Rogue
Grimfire - Troll Mage
Grimfix - Troll Priest

Jaer
Scholar

Post by Jaer »

Ah, thats cool. I'll have a think about it..........assuming I do actually get to join that is :razz:

Jaer
Scholar

Post by Jaer »

Well, I've picked up the copies.....created the accounts. Nealas head has, as predicted, stopped spinning (although I reckon she could still do the pea-soup trick :wink: ) and I've been forced to return to work after she realised I was 30mins late already.

Good to see the guild already established!!! Congrats to you all. I logged into the Orc starter town and was greeted by 3 Wulf tags, great stuff :)

Cya all ingame in about 4 veeeerrry long hours!!