good old UO

Jalik
Initiate

good old UO

Post by Jalik »

Recently visited UO with a trail account. First time since 2001. Jhelom bank is so empty :( The whole game is deserted... but still running. Even met a gamer who started playing just 3 month ago. There still seems to be some live in the old lady. Any CW still around?
Wherever you go, there you are!

Ariye
Scholar

Post by Ariye »

Three of us are still playing and are quite content doing so. Our current guild is part of a big alliance on Drachenfels. While I'm now in my 14th year of UO, I personally only play two nights per week.

I just had to update my signature slightly since I haven't posted here in so long...
UO Drachenfels chars:
Seinentai (MCC Shard Traveller - GM mage/necro/scribe/alchy)
Ariye (CAT GM Packrat - GM blacksmith/GM miner)
Sandshrew (CAT Junior Packrat - tailor/archer
Ninetales (CAT Crafter - paladin/carpenter)
Seinentai (CAT newbie transferred from Sonoma - spellweaver/mace fighter)
...and a cast of 16 on other shards...

New Frarc
Seer

Post by New Frarc »

Greetings, Yup still around in UO .

We have a 60+ Guild Alliance. If you want to join i can get you in.We have a special guild for new and returning players.
We have a player run town called Drachental. If you want a house to build there you are welcome.

The alliance try to organize all kinds of events often. Everyone is free to join them.

To contact me just go in General chat, when I'm around i have that always open. Or someone that knows me is inside it to contact me.

You can also find me at the [glow=red]Stratics Drachenfels Forum.[/glow]

I am a reporter for Drachenfels and write for [glow=red]Drachenfels News[/glow] and for current on going event in [glow=red]Quest and Event News.[/glow]

You can also find me at the[glow=red] Knucklheads[/glow] News and Forums.
Or if you prefer at [glow=red]UOB forums[/glow] they mostly German but they made a special English section if you like that more.
UOB also got the Drachental forum for citizens.

So plenty of ways to get in contact with us. Everyone is welcome.
I'm not going anywhere!
We are the New Frarc!

Frarc's rule: No rules apply to The Frarc's, so all of them can be either be bend or broken as they see fit!

Jalik
Initiate

Post by Jalik »

wow, 60+ active players? didn't expect any to be honest ;)
I did enjoy my visit in Sosaria, I have to admit. So many good memories!
well, atm I'm pretty busy with my 8 month old boy and my (now) wife. not sure if I want to make the time commitment involved with an MMO, but I'll seriously consider it :)

Bevan
Grandmaster Starfarmer

Post by Bevan »

There's something very comforting in the knowledge that some of us can still be found where it all started :)

I've often been tempted to revisit myself, though i'm sure it would only be a quick trip down memory lane.

New Frarc
Seer

Post by New Frarc »

Jalik wrote:wow, 60+ active players? didn't expect any to be honest ;)
I did enjoy my visit in Sosaria, I have to admit. So many good memories!
well, atm I'm pretty busy with my 8 month old boy and my (now) wife. not sure if I want to make the time commitment involved with an MMO, but I'll seriously consider it :)

It is a lot more then 60 Players , i can tell that for sure.
We are the New Frarc!

Frarc's rule: No rules apply to The Frarc's, so all of them can be either be bend or broken as they see fit!

New Frarc
Seer

Post by New Frarc »

Bevan wrote:There's something very comforting in the knowledge that some of us can still be found where it all started :)

I've often been tempted to revisit myself, though i'm sure it would only be a quick trip down memory lane.

I'm not going anywhere, the Devs will have to kick me out.
We are the New Frarc!

Jalik
Initiate

Post by Jalik »

Bevan wrote:I've often been tempted to revisit myself, though i'm sure it would only be a quick trip down memory lane.
thats what I thought I would do but hours later I asked the support guys what to do about the mythic and EA account stuff (confusing).. you know, just in case ;)
never say never!

QuaiGong
Farmer of Stars

Post by QuaiGong »

Hi Jalik, thats a looooong time ago. How are you ? Hope all is well. It surely must be, congratulations on being married and a father :)

As for UO, I still play it once a year for a month or two once my nostalgy gets me.

If you want to check pvp I only can recommend Siege, yes its still slower leveling but has a nice community and this old time feel to it. However its also not really full sadly.
World of Warcraft (Runetotem)
Quai - 60 Troll Rogue
Quong - 60 undead Mage

Jalik
Initiate

Post by Jalik »

wow yes, it has been a long time! nice to meet you again! :) I hope you are well!
I'm doing fine indeed. it's wonderful to start a new family from scratch. it's a little too much grind for the skillgain but I have high hopes for the endgame ;)

PVP on Siege sounds interesting but building a new char there is the sort of time commitment I simply can't make right now. I play something between 2 and 5 hours a week nowadays. It might take a few more month until I can again get a higher dose of vitally important gaming sessions, I fear :cry: